Congratulations to Brittana on receiving a 2018 Voices of Hope Next Generation scholarship!
Brittana is studying social work at BCTC. "My mom is my biggest role model. Growing up, I watched her struggle with addiction...struggle to be herself, to be happy, to be there. Now, with seven years of sobriety, she is the best mother I could ever ask for. Everything we have been through together has shaped the person I am today and I would not change it for the world. It has given me a sense of purpose and I can't wait to make a difference in this world."
Scholarship presented by UK HealthCare
Voices of Hope's Scholarship is a $1,000 award for a student in long-term recovery who is currently enrolled at a trade school, college or university in Kentucky.
Application period is now closed for 2019. Please check back Spring of 2020!
1. Been in recovery for one or more years
2. Completed at least one semester as a full-time student enrolled in a trade school, college or university in Kentucky (eligible institutions will have a regularly scheduled curriculum, a regular faculty, and an enrolled body of students in attendance)
3. Good academic standing (minimum of 2.5 GPA)
4. Realistic plan to cover remaining education expenses
5. Available to accept award at Voices of Hope's Overdose Awareness Day Event on August 25, 2019 and be featured in promotional materials related to the scholarship
6. US citizen or resident alien
1. Official transcript from your learning institution as proof of enrollment and verification of GPA
2. Essay addressing the following prompts (up to 1000 words):
- What does recovery mean to you?
- What do you do to sustain your recovery?
- What are your long-term career goals?