RECOVERY COMMUNITY CENTER MANAGER, VOICES OF HOPE-LEXINGTON, INC.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for the operation of Voices of Hope’s community center and initiatives to accomplish our mission including creating and enhancing goals for operational efficiency, quality of services, internal processes and management of staff.
Reports to the President/CEO
This position will supervise between 15 and 20 employees and is expected to work closely and cooperatively with the Program Director and volunteers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Program Leadership & Management:
● Enhance, create goals, and implement operational vision as established by the President/CEO
● Ensure ongoing operational excellence.
● Monitor adherence to office policies and procedures.
● Monitor and review internal processes.
● Suggest and improve operational efficiency.
● Handle inquiries and complaints.
● Demonstrate consistent quality of finance and administration, communications and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve VOH goals.
● Attract, develop, train, coach, and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance.
● Work with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality performance of community center and coaching services.
● Monitor Voices of Hope’s Programs
● Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during organizational growth.
● Oversee relationships with partner organizations.
● Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the programs.
● Develop dissemination system to share organizational learning with a broad range of communities.
● Ensure that key project outcomes and/or policy, advocacy, and legislation are evaluated and leveraged for maximum community and organizational impact.
● Work collaboratively with the senior management team to integrate cross program activities and functions.
● Other duties, as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of managing staff.
• Thorough knowledge of Central Kentucky recovery resources.
• Good knowledge of finances and fiscal management procedures and practices.
• Creativity in developing and successfully implementing a variety of programs.
• Exercise discretion and maintain confidential information.
• Ability to balance multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
• Superior organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills.
• Quick adaptability community cultures; high performance within a variety of contexts.
Minimum Experience, Education And Training
Bachelor’s degree; Five (5) years managing at least 5 people.
• Must successfully pass a background investigation.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, with a safe driving record.
Physical And Mental Requirements
• Work requires normal physical attributes required for walking, standing, sitting, operating office equipment, communication equipment, lifting, moving, carrying light equipment, supplies, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HAZARDS/UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Many activities require travel throughout the Lexington, Fayette County community and require own transportation.
• Most of the time, work involves only exposure to normal, everyday risks encountered in an administrative office/technology environment.
• Work is subject to deadlines and pressures to produce results.
• Extensive evening activities.
Annual Salary Range: $40,000 - $55,000 (starting salary will depend upon experience and education)
Primary Work Schedule
Mon - Fri 11:00-7:30. Occasional evenings and weekends are required.
Applicants must be available for this primary work schedule and help fill in schedule gaps occasionally.
Medical, Paid Time Off, Holidays.
Applications for this position will be accepted until 5pm, October 3, 2019.
Applications must be completed online.
Voices of Hope – Lexington, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.